With the end of the first quarter approaching rapidly I wanted to make sure everyone knew how to complete their grades for the end of the quarter. I have made a video that goes through all of the steps that you need to do to finish up quarter one grades. Here are the steps for WHS/CMS teachers:
- Make sure you have setup grade cutoffs and entered in your categories and assignments
- Finish entering grades for the first quarter
- Open Edit, Course Grades and set the weights for each of your classes. This will likely be 1 to 1 for classes that do not have a semester test and 2 to 2 to 1 for classes with semester tests. If you are not sure, ask someone.
- Once weights are set, click Options, then Calculate Q1 Grades from Scores. This will take all of the scores from assignment scores and enter them in as a final grade for the quarter.
- If you need to change a grade for a student for some reason, click on their grade under quarter 1 and choose a grade from the list to the right.
- Do steps 3 through 5 for all of your classes.
- After all grades are showing in Course Grades, then click Save and then Done.
- Then click file, teacher to office. Make sure Grades is checked and click OK.
- Your grades will be sent to the office. Click OK on the confirmation message that appears
- Change the term to Quarter 2 and quit your grade book when you are done.
For the elementary school teachers, there are a few different steps. If you use Assignment Scores for a daily grade book in addition to your standards and benchmarks, you need to complete the steps above in addition to the ones below. Here are the steps for RES teachers:
- You need to enter in the results for each standard and benchmark by clicking on edit and then either Edit Assessments for a Class or Edit Assessments for a Student.
- Then click add initial assessment set and accept the date that appears. Only after you click add initial assessment set will your standards and benchmarks appear.
- Make sure you are saving frequently. If you are a specials teacher, it may be prudent to do only a class or a grade at a time and then save and send those grades to the office. I would also suggest closing out of JMC as there have been problems in the past when a specials teacher does all the grades for all the classes and then it doesn’t upload correctly when you quit. By quitting JMC after a few classes you will not have to worry about this happening.
- After entering all your results, click File and then Teacher to Office. Make sure to check both Grades and Standards and Benchmarks before clicking OK. If you do not click Standards and Benchmarks, your grades will not be sent to the office.
This shouldn’t be new to too many of you. Nothing has changed from years past other than some design aspects perhaps. If you have any questions, comments, concerns please do let me know.